Classes for degree-seekers and anyone passionate about participating in kingdom ministry among our marginalized neighbors and neighborhoods.
Jesus came as the Spirit-anointed King who brings good news to the poor, the marginalized, and the unexpected (Luke 4:18). And wherever Jesus brings his Kingdom healing to broken people, he also recruits them as his “Oaks of Righteousness” at the heart of his strategy to renew our cities and neighborhoods (Isaiah 61:4). Jesus isn’t simply in the business of healing the sick. He’s in the business of turning the sick into Doctors. He isn’t simply in the business of feeding the hungry. He’s in the business of transforming the hungry into entrepreneurs, city planners, and church planters.
According to Scripture, the secret to seeing change in our city’s most marginalized neighborhoods lies in the Oaks of Righteousness who are already there, who God has chosen to renew our community.
The MCUTS Certificate in Community Transformation equips church and nonprofit leaders and staff with the . . .
• biblical and theological framework
• community development and ministry best practices
• tangible skills
. . . to participate in this kingdom work.
Through the Certificate, participants will:
• Encounter God’s heart for the poor and marginalized in the Scriptures
• Explore biblical paradigms for poverty alleviation and Christian mission
• Learn strategies for moving beyond charity to empowerment
• Gain practical skills in asset-based community development
• Engage community transformation first-hand
What Others Are Saying About the Community Transformation Courses at MCUTS:
Bryant Cummings, Director of Community Outreach – Bellevue Frayser
"The Community Transformation classes I've taken at MCUTS have proven to be indispensable tools for the ministry in which I serve. They've allowed me to gain a deeper insight into the ministry of Jesus, and His 'wholistic' approach to serving the lost, in particular, those who are marginalized by society."
Jake Wiig, SOS Academy Director
"Our partnership with MCUTS for the SOS Academy has been absolutely phenomenal this year. The SOS Academy residents have access to theological and biblical teaching that is unprecedented in the Academy’s history. The MCUTS classes offered could not be more relevant and rich for Christian Community Transformation."
• Pastors and church leaders interested in biblical, church-based models for loving low-income and working class neighbors and neighborhoods well.
• Non-profit staff and ministry leaders looking for best practices in community transformation, asset-based development, and ministries of mercy and justice from a biblical perspective.
• Anyone interested in better understanding and embodying God’s holistic mission in relation to economically poor individuals and communities.
For detailed information about cost and credit, click here.
For a description of all courses click here.